So the latest victim... me!
Two weeks ago I was out at "teacher training" all day. The next week I had to take a half day for an appointment (hair). So my frequent absences apparently meant that I was pregnant. My girls started a rumor that I was pregnant, so I was questioned by people such as: my sister, my best friend Ashley, a teacher in the English department, a student, and one of my girls. Are you kidding... do I look pregnant. In the endearing words of my mom... stupid.
Today I was approached by one of my girls, who seemed really serious, almost sad. She said "can I ask you something?" Sure dear... go ahead. "Are you leaving us? I heard from some of the other girls that you got a promotion and are no longer going to be here?" What? How in the world would they have gotten this idea? I am 23, not quite old enough for a promotion. IDK.
It is proof that they make up stories just to have something to talk about.
Harmless (maybe), humorous (yeah sure), and stupid (definitely).
What will they come up with next, we shall see. I'll keep you posted.
K

No comments:
Post a Comment