I have one student who I love... love... love. This student is my favorite because of his quirky, no nonsense personality. He has no qualms about letting you know what he thinks, and that is endearing. My favorite memory of this student was when we were talking about ancient Greece and Rome. Each time I would mention Sparta or anything related to Sparta he would yell "THIS IS SPARTA!" It made my day, but eventually I avoided using the word Sparta so as not to cause such a disruption. So, as a result he started writing it on the top of all of his papers. So great.
I had a conversation with this student about his SAT's, and he told me that no matter what "no test is going to decide my destiny." Again, so great.
Daily humor also comes in the form of a bunch of phone calls from prospective parents of pep squad girls. You would not believe some of the calls I get... "Does she get college credit?" ... "Does my daughter have to cheer?" ... "What do you wear to dance?"... I often wonder if someone is going to pop out of my file cabinet and say... "SURPRISE, you are on candid camera."
K
No comments:
Post a Comment