I don't feel 23 sometimes. Here is why:
1. I hate salad. It is a texture thing. I think... I don't like dressing either. Its a smell thing. So in order to get my greens I put spinach in my smoothies. This way I don't have to crunch on a leaf nor do I have to drown it in stinky dressing.
2. I can't be home alone... or at least overnight, in my apartment. So when Blane is gone I stay at my mom and dads which is nice because it is like being at a B&B. There are a few places I think I could stay by myself, the lake house and my old house... which is now inhabited by my sister, Ashley, and Curtis. But I've never tried.
3. I work with teenagers everyday, which keeps my young... I have only been asked for a hall pass twice this year. This is a huge improvement from last year. Things are looking up.
4. I listen to Taylor Swift... a lot... at a loud volume.
Things that make me feel my age:
1. Looking for houses. Enough said.
2. Taking out a Life Insurance Policy.
3. I can no longer ride carnival rides like I used to. I lived for the "cornyval" when I was little, now I get nauseous just thinking of them. Not to mention that about 2 months ago Blane and I were in Austin and we drove by a carnival. The moment I discovered that carnies not only operate the rides but they assemble them too, was the moment I vowed never to ride those things ever again. My favorite ride used to be the zipper...
4. After my knee surgery I cant walk up the stairs 2 at a time... you know like when you are in a hurry and you take them two at a time. I cant do that...
-K
-K

No comments:
Post a Comment