Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Puppy Love

I love dogs more than any other furry creature on this earth. My insane love for dogs started to go over the top when my family got our fun loving lab Rosco. He is the quirkiest, funniest, sweetest dog ever. So sweet, that I asked Blane to find one of his brothers for my birthday present this year.

I think I love dogs because no matter what they love you. You could forget to feed them for two days and they still wag their tail and jump up and down when they see you. They don't expect much in return for their love, just a bowl full of water and dry yucky food. (well in Rosco's case he loves his walks... so much so, that he politely asks when he is ready to go, by grabbing his leash) I love that Rosco will greet me at the door when I come in, nothing will welcome you home like your furry four legged friend!

I often thought about being a vet but for one reason I cant, putting them to sleep when they get too old or sick. I would be a basketcase if I had to do this everyday.

On another dog related note, I hate lazy and careless pet owners. Please... keep track of your dog. If you cant manage this maybe you shouldn't have a pet because they dont deserve to be tossed aside. That's MEAN! Sometimes I will see a dog running loose... I cant pick them up because I live in an apartment, so I keep driving, but I fret about thsese dogs for weeks. I have issues... Blane will agree! One time I did pick up a dog, I named him Shooter, but I got the big fat NO... he would have been miserable in the apartment anyway.

So we buy a house in June... I get a dog in June. Thats the deal.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment