One time when I was in college I was wearing my favorite pair of red and white seersucker shorts. I was leaving class walking out to the parking lot when I hear voices from behind me yelling something. I paid no attention because I could not understand them... I continued walking. As I got closer to my car... they were getting closer, and me being my paranoid self, I began to panic. Still yelling I decided to take a more careful listen just to be sure I was going to make it out alive.
This is what I heard...
"Hey peppermint pants"... I turn around finally recognizing their shouting "Yeah you, peppermint pants, whats up?" I quickly got in my car wanting to avoid these strange people whom I had never seen. As I turned on the car the guys continued to walk past me... with their baggy pants, tall tees, and addidas sandals topped off with white socks. They left me alone, although I am convinced they were trying to sell me drugs or some other unwanted good.
So as I drove off I called Blane and told him my new name, "peppermint pants" and it stuck. Now anytime I wear these shorts I hear it all day. He has also taken the liberty to name other pants "pumpkin pants" and other such, oh so endearing names.
Now that it is peppermint pants season again I decided I wanted to share my story.
K
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So classic.
ReplyDelete