I believe that since the day I was born I have loved George. I had an obsession that verged on stalker back in middle school. I own every album, no kidding. He is the only singer in the world that holds that title for me. I just love him.
So naturally this was the one of the highlights of the trip to Nashville. As we walked through the Country Music Hall of Fame I scoured for anything that was George related. Just as I figured there was not much, a saddle, his gold and platinum records, and his Hall of Fame plaque. That was enough for me. Color me satisfied.
Anyway Nashville is great for those of you who have never been. People kinda looked at me like I was weird when I told them that this is where I would be spending Spring break this year, but EVERYONE should go. It is a cool place. No traffic (always a plus), no cover charges EVER at downtown bars... where there is always music playing, nice people, beautiful trees called Bradford Pears... everywhere in full bloom, and lots of Civil War history for dorks like me.
Kelsey and I are already planning a trip back so we can go back to the Opry for a headliner. (Taylor Swift in June... anyone?)
-K

No comments:
Post a Comment