Tuesday, May 12, 2009

lake rat

I am a self proclaimed lake rat. I would spend everyday of my life on the lake if could. I have been lucky to have a lake house all my life. My Grandpa Hall and Grandma Hall built the house in the 70's. I did not know either of them, so in some way I feel like this is one of the only tangible things that keep me connected to them. I love being at that house. We have done various changes to it over the years but we have tried to keep everything that was important to them. For example the stairs in the house were purchased by my grandma at an antique show, so when we went to redo the floors a few years ago we left them "uncarpeted" and stained them.

Other than the senitmental aspect of the lake house it is just plain relaxing, no matter the season. There have been times where there have been 16 people sleeping in that house, no matter the crowd it is always a good time.

Sun, family, water, laughter. Nothing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment